The Laundry Forum

Healthcare, Commercial and Industrial launderers, manufacturers and suppliers.

Lavatec motor

Lavatec equipment

Lavatec motor

Postby cleanhotelswell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:11 am

Good morning,

Does anyone have a Lavatec motor that is new they are looking to sell with part number 108048. It is a 5hp that is part of the gearbox assembly.

Thank you!
cleanhotelswell
Sharp

Re: Lavatec motor

Postby ragman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am

I am assuming this is for your tunnel? Is it the old ABM set up or the newer versions that are being retrofitted on the older machines now. I had the 5KW motors on my 1992 tunnel, I changed them out a couple years ago.
ragman
Intelligent

Postby cleanhotelswell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Thank you. It appears that is the direction I am moving towards. Just stings on price.
cleanhotelswell
Sharp

Postby cleanhotelswell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Thank you. It appears that is the direction I am moving towards. Just stings on price.
cleanhotelswell
Sharp

Postby ragman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:11 pm

I put if off for as long as could until I lost one of my spares, after doing the upgrade, I wish I had done it sooner. It only took a day and a half to complete and was very simple to do. I tried to sell the old ABM stuff afterwards and never got an offer, and just within the last couple months sent them on their way to the salvage yard. How did you make out on the seal replacement on you tunnel?
ragman
Intelligent

Postby cleanhotelswell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:47 am

Seeing that you did this, would you be willing to provide a easy road map in the installation of the new plate with motor. It is so tight that I need a suggestion on trying to lift the motor. All the seals were replaced except the load and last compartment. That all went really smoothly, thanks for asking.

Thank you!
cleanhotelswell
Sharp

Postby ragman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:17 pm

1. LOTO tunnel, use a group LOTO if more than 1 person is doing this job ( obviously will be )
2. Disconnect electric to motors.
3.Disconnect the v-belts
4.Remove old gearboxes/motors
5.Remove old mounting plates
6.Install new mounting plates ( some adjustment may be needed after pulleys are installed for alignment )
7.Install new gearboxes/motors. We used a come a long to remove the old motors and to lower the new ones on the mounting plates at the front of the tunnel, our concrete under our tunnel tapers from front to back and from the sides of the tunnel to the center, so if we have an outer seal fails, the water is channeled to the back of the tunnel to a drain. We used a lift table at the rear of the tunnel to remove and install the old and new gear motors ( we have more clearance at that end because of the floor design )
8.Install new pulleys and taper lock bushings and align if needed with large pulley on drive wheels.
9.Connect electric back to each motor and check for proper rotation, LOTO electric when this is done.
10. install new belts and tension to specs ( 1/8" per 1 foot of strand length ) and re-tension after a week of operation.
**We checked the amp draw on each motor lead after we started the tunnel back up just to get a baseline on what the initial readings were.

I am sure others on this forum who have done this upgrade will chime in with other ways they were able to complete this job, I hope this helps you out.
ragman
Intelligent

Postby cleanhotelswell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Thank you for this information and the time you spent replying. I really appreciate that!

Happy New Year
cleanhotelswell
Sharp

Return to Lavatec