The Laundry Forum

Healthcare, Commercial and Industrial launderers, manufacturers and suppliers.

Pony Washer (front load) Question

Open discussions not manufacture specific

Pony Washer (front load) Question

Postby laundryButlersSA » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 am

Hello fellow Laundry Enthusiasts,
I'm a long time stalker, new poster in the forum. I have worked in various capacities in the laundry industry everything from Plant Management at a Uniform rental company to selling/installing chemical injection systems for one of the big four chemical providers. I left my last job at the chemical supplier to start the Laundry Butlers, a pickup and delivery laundry service here in San Antonio (http://www.thelaundrybutlers.com).

I have a question about what would be considered Pony washers to you industrial guys...I have three front load Kenmores (manufactured by LG) that we use for small load turn arounds. We use a liquid detergent/softener combination and run a Tide washing machine cleaner once a week which is powdered.

My question revolves around some residuals left on some dark colored clothing that comes out of the washers. It looks almost like chalk and comes out very simply with a rewash. In other forums I've been told it is residual powder from the machine cleaner however these things show up at strange times (as in its not directly after the machine cleaner has been run)...even as far out as 6 or 7 days after the washer was last cleaned. We always run a second hot water cycle after the powdered cleaner to remove residual powder from the drum and chemical storage tray.

I am at a complete loss as to what is causing this and how to stop it. We are ending up rewashing items which puts us behind schedule and costs more money.

I welcome any thoughts you might have. Thanks in advance.

Joe
laundryButlersSA

Return to General discussion