The Laundry Forum

Healthcare, Commercial and Industrial launderers, manufacturers and suppliers.

Linen jammed in pass through Milnor

Open discussions not manufacture specific

Linen jammed in pass through Milnor

Postby mpallos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am

Hello All...HELP
One of our facilities has an OPL. A worker dropped a bedside drape into the Milnor pass through washer WE between the drum and the outer shell. The drape is now wound around the shaft where it connects the inside drum to the body of the machine. The mechanic has been cutting slowly at it for about five hours and very little progress. (I told him it likely heated up the poly and it is now basically like nylon rope) Is wthere any easier way to remove this?
Malcolm
mpallos
Clever

Re: Linen jammed in pass through Milnor

Postby suds-n-blood » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 pm

malcolm -
that is a new one to me! I would take care once your mechanic gets close to the bearing mounting so not to damage it. That will cost big $$ to get replaced, also be careful with the cylinder shaft in that area too, scar that and seals will never work.
suds-n-blood
Mr Laundry Master

Re: Linen jammed in pass through Milnor

Postby TUNNELTECH » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:51 pm

You can buy "hook" razor knives from Grainger. I use them for this and at the Ironer. Shower Curtains in dryer’s jams are good too. And DO take care with the first water seal there at the bearing. Damage to it requires you to dissemble the complete bearing housing. After he is done ask him to check the drains for material that drops down.
TUNNELTECH
Mr Laundry Master

Return to General discussion